The Discovery House
Have you ever wished you could step into a world where your known gifts were appreciated and your hidden gifts were brought to light? Well we may have the answer for you.
Adawehi has been a community supporting gift discovery for 21 years. And in that time, we have found that sharing in a community of people who have the same intent to grow and change as you make life extraordinary. It irons out one’s rough spots and highlights their beauty. But in both cases there is support, support, and support.
As an introduction to the new members of Discovery House, we have outlined some of the things that have assisted other house members on their road to discovery:
- LIVING IN A COMMUNITY HOUSE is essential if you wish to break the protective shell that keeps you from growing. Personal growth classes, daily journaling, and house interaction are advised supports.
- MAINTAINING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE is also necessary if your desire is to become a healthier person. We eat well from our natural foods market, meditate together every morning, and do some form of exercise.
- PARTICIPATING IN COMMUNITY allows you to find new places for your expressions as well as develop an appreciation for the expressions of others. Community tasks are available by asking.
- WELCOMING DIFFERENCES in others plays a big part in self-acceptance. Our community offers that in spades.
- BEING PART OF A BIGGER INTENT is a lesson learned from the Grinch who stole Christmas—it stretches your heart.
- LEAVING BEHIND THE OLD helps to embrace the new. The Discovery House is furnished to support you in letting a new house be part of your new life.
- HONORING NATURE as we do here will remind you of your part in providing a better world. The Adawehi Community is located on 125 acres of natural forest.
For more information, please fill out our contact form or give us a call at (828) 894-5260.